Why Do You Need An Employment Agency to Find a Job?
Finding a job or changing to a better company with a hefty hike on your salary is a position that you often find yourself in. Sadly, trying to land a good job within the shortest possible time sounds impossible. However, there are ways and means to make your task easier. Getting in touch with the best employment agency in your vicinity would surely help you with your job search. Remember the recruitment or staffing agencies or a recruiter are different terms for the same firms/agencies/companies who make a living by acting as a middle man between the employer and the prospective employee. It is best to understand the meanings of diverse terms associated with this profession especially when you are keen to take their assistance.
- Employment agency – An agency that assists a person looking for a job. However, some agencies ask for a fee or retainer while others charge the employers. It is best to give a wide berth to the former as there are hundreds of such agencies who offer free service to the job hunters.
- Search Firm – These are usually specific to an industry or a set of skills and focus on hiring for a niche segment. The contingency type of agencies claim payment from the employer after candidate secures the job. They often deal with entry level or mid level posts and send numerous resumes to their client for a particular vacancy. A retained firm, on the other hand, enjoys a special kind of relation with their clients. They are engaged to recruit for senior positions and are allotted a period of time for finding the right candidate who fits the position on offer. The firm not only gets the expenses taken care of by the employer but also retains a percentage of the candidate’s salary irrespective of whether the person accepts the job or not.
- Head Hunter- A recruiter or head hunter or even a search consultant happen to be synonymous terms for an individual who works closely with either the employer or the job seeker
- Temp Agency – These agencies specialize in finding temporary employees who can fill in for a permanent employee on leave. Most employers engage the temp agencies seasonally when they have more work or when they want a person to fill in for a trusted employee who is ailing or away temporarily. Sometimes, these positions may become permanent, if the employer decides to use the concerned employee on a permanent basis.
Reasons to use a head hunter
- Well, you may be confident of your abilities to secure a job. However, it is time to request assistance from an employment agency when you do not get interview calls often enough.
- Remember that the going will be more difficult once you attain a senior position. Such openings are rarely advertised but a search firm will be privy to the information on account of its contacts in the industry.
- Your resume will be marketed effectively courtesy the head hunter once you approach a reputed one. Do not forget that you get to save precious time as your job agency will be looking for opportunities on your behalf.
- It is going to be beneficial for you as well for a number of employers are likely to be impressed when your candidature is put forward by your representative.
- You will also have a professional looking out for your interests and that is definitely a plus.
- You may get additional help when the head hunter negotiates your salary with the employer enabling you to get the better of the bargain.